Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
FET immediately after failed IVF

FET immediately after failed IVF

1. mitts
    mitts

I am having my first frozen embryo transfer hopefully next week… don’t know if first will the embryos be really ok when thawed? what are the success rates that if 2 are frozen both will unfreeze well or one?….or none… what have been ur experiences? also how to feel positive after 1st negative cycle with fresh embryos…. if fresh didnt survive well how can these survive?

07/08/2018 at 8:37 am
  2. Dear Miti Shah,

In general, the success rates with fresh embryos are slightly higher than with frozen embryos. However, a FET can lead to success in spite of having gone through a failed fresh cycle previously due to different embryo quality rates.

Have you talked with your doctor about this?

I hope this helps,

Best wishes

07/16/2018 at 10:52 am
  3. Hello! Hope you’re feeling more peaceful now. Within a fresh cycle the clinic is trying to ensure that you are adequately stimulated to collect a decent number of eggs safely. The clinic is also trying to ensure that the lining of your womb (endometrium) is not adversely affected by the medication used to stimulate you. The endometrium is crucial as this is where your embryo will implant. For some patients it may be easier to manage their endometrium during a frozen cycle and consequently provide a better outcome (increased chance of pregnancy). On the whole there are clear advantages to a frozen cycle in the reduced cost / burden and potentially better management of the endometrium. Wishing you the best of luck with your FET.

07/24/2018 at 1:05 pm
Leave a reply