Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Gay women wishing to find a surrogate

Gay women wishing to find a surrogate

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Linda anderson</span>
    Linda anderson

Hello, what’s up? I hope you are doing well. You see, we are a lesbian couple and we want to have a baby. The thing is I’m 45 and my girlfriend is 42. And what’s more, she has severe healthy problems and cannot get pregnant 🙁 We have thought about surrogacy, is it possible? We don’t any other fertility treatment could possibly fit our situation. Please, help.

01/22/2016 at 4:28 pm
  2. Dear Linda,

First of all, it should be clear that surrogacy is not allowed in every country. The following are the countries where it is allowed:

1. India: It is a top destination for surrogacy, mainly because the laws are rather flexible and it is quite cheap. Indian clinics charge patients with a price that usually ranges from $10k to $28k.
    2. Russia: The Russian Federation is also attractive for reproductive tourists due to its liberal legislation on this subject. Gestational surrogacy or even the commercial type is totally legal in this country. Besides, it is available for practically every adult wishing to be a parent. In fact, foreigners have the same rights as Russian citizens.
    3. Ukraine: Although surrogacy is completely legal in Ukraine, only married couples can legally go through gestational surrogacy in this country.
    4. United States: The US is a common country for homosexual couples who face restrictions using IVF and surrogacy as their method to conceive. However, regulations vary from state to state; therefore, my advice is that you choose the area where you wish to undergo surrogacy carefully. For example, Texas is the most restrictive state, whereas California could be considered to be the most lax one on this subject, as it allows surrogacy to every family type, either heterosexual, lesbian or gay couples, as well as single mothers.

Hope this helps

01/27/2016 at 4:48 pm
Leave a reply