Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Getting pregnant with endometriosis after laparoscopy

Getting pregnant with endometriosis after laparoscopy

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">elsa</span>
    elsa

Hello, after visiting a fertility clinic to find the cause of my infertility I found out that I’ve endometriosis but doc says I can’t do IVF because of it. She says the size of the implants may increase with pregnancy… She says I need laparoscopic surgery before ttc. What’s your opinion doc?

03/23/2018 at 2:21 pm
  2. Dear elsa,

If yours is a case of moderate or severe endometriosis, IVF can be dangerous because you have to take medications that contain hormones to stimulate your ovaries prior to embryo transfer. This may cause the endometrial implants to grow, which can be dangerous for your health depending on their location and extension. This applies to pregnancy as well, because a pregnancy alters a woman’s hormonal levels.

I recommend that you share all your concerns with your doctor. Also, get as much information as possible about the surgical procedure step by step, and about your options to have a baby afterwards. In case hysterectomy was necessary as a last resort, surrogacy may be an option for you to have a biological child. Another option would be adoption.

I hope this helps,

Best

03/26/2018 at 11:39 am
Leave a reply