Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Having a baby via surrogacy and egg donation

Having a baby via surrogacy and egg donation

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">baby_dust</span>
    baby_dust

Hello!

I am very grateful that you’ve created this forum, since surrogacy is kind of new to me and I find it quite complicated to understand every aspect related, because it is a mix of a legal, reproductive and emotional process all together. Having here professionals willing to answer all your questions or at least try to do so is a huge relief, so thank you very much, truly.

Well, my question actually is related to surrogacy and egg donation, I mean, is it possible to have this combination? I’m not sure, because then three women take part in the process: the recipient, the donor and the surrogate, am I right? The thing is I produce poor quality eggs, so I want a third woman to donate her eggs for me, but I want to use my partner’s sperm, is it possible? I’m not sure 🙁

As far as I know, gay couples can do this, I mean, choosing another woman to deliver her eggs, but I understand they have no choice to have a baby, and that’s what confuses me. Can you clarify this doubt for me?

Thank you very much!!

10/25/2015 at 4:45 pm
  2. Hello,

Firstly, surrogacy is admitted in every fertilization type accepted for IVF, that is to say, it is possible to undergo this ART using donated or your own eggs, or with donated or your husband’s/partner’s sperm, regardless of whether you are a same-sex or heterosexual couple.

Nevertheless, it is true that in some countries where surrogacy is allowed, at least one of the intended parents is required to deliver his/her gametes. Other destinations allow both gametes to come from a donor though.

Be it as it may, it is generally avoided that it is the surrogate who delivers the eggs, that is to say, the surrogate and the egg donor shouldn’t be the same person. Thus, in case the intended mother cannot or does not wish to deliver her eggs, three people will get involved in the process as you said: the donor, the surrogate and the intended mother.

Should you have any further questions, please let me know.

Cheers

10/26/2015 at 3:55 pm
  3. Hi, baby_dust

Surrogacy is really an important question. Before using surrogacy it should be done a lot of researches ranging from the list of clinics to legislative issue according to surrogacy in that country where would be the process.
    The surrogacy on the legal basis can be done in Greece, Georgian and Russia. But we aware, Russian surrogacy law is a really controversial issue. The main thing in surrogacy is to find a good place where the procedure will be safe for you and your future baby
    Good luck)

09/18/2018 at 2:28 pm
  4. For couples who are considering surrogacy, the following questions may be helpful.~
    How long has the program been in operation?
    Does the program recruit its own surrogates? Through what means?
    How are surrogates expenses handled? Is there a cap on these expenses?
    Does the program offer medical screening of the surrogate? To what extent? Who does the screening?
    Does medical screening include an AIDS test of surrogate and her partner?
    What are the costs of surrogacy? What is the fee payment structure?
    Does the program offer psychological screening and counseling to all parties? To what extent?
    Does the program offer on-site medical services (insemination or IVF) or do they work with local physicians and hospitals?
    How many babies have been born through the agency/clinic’s surrogacy programs?
    To what extent is contact between the surrogate and the couple encouraged? (By letter, meeting face-to-face, on-going?)
    Can the couple be present at the birth?
    If the surrogate does not get pregnant over a certain number of cycles, what is the clinic’s policy regarding refund of fees paid?
    In the event that the contract is not honored, what are the financial obligations for the couple?
    In the event that the surrogate has a pregnancy loss, what are the financial obligations for the couple?
    I’d definitely recommend looking onto ukraine as the destination. The country’s surrogacy friendly. Law there favors the IP more than the surrogate. IP are the only legal parents of the baby born. The surrogate has no right to keep the baby after delivery. Also affordable costs. Varying from EUR 30k-50k. Which is much cheaper than undergone anywhere else.

11/27/2018 at 7:08 pm
Leave a reply