Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
How early can I take a pregnancy test after a blastocyst embryo transfer?

How early can I take a pregnancy test after a blastocyst embryo transfer?

1. nickylowi
    nickylowi

Hello doctor, i’m on my 8th day post embryo transfer. It was a 4-embryo transfer on day 3. Embryo quality b and c. Today I took a urine test and it was negative… it is possible for me to get a BFP after a few days? i’m freaking out as they were 4 🙁

06/28/2016 at 7:58 am
  2. Dear nicky lowi,

Keeping in mind that it was a day 3 embryo transfer, the pregnancy test won’t be positive until at least day 11 post embryo transfer. Thus, it is possible for you to have gotten a negative result because, at the very early stages of pregnancy, hCG levels are still too low to be detectable, and that’s why many women get a false negative result if they take the test too early.

Take another test in a few days to get an accurate result. Best of luck!

Regards

06/28/2016 at 1:41 pm
  3. Thank you Doc. I’ve another question. Why would none of my embryos implant?? I’ve unexplained infertility, no endometriosis, no blocked tubes, no hormonal imbalances… I had an hysteroscopy done and my endometrium was kinda irritated, but my ob/gyn prescribed me with a medication to solve that issue. My hubby’s semen analysis has sluggish sperms & sperm DNA fragmentation wasn’t too good. How is it possible that I’m not pregnant if I had 4 embryos transferred? I’m so unlucky 🙁 I’ve followed every step thoroughly, every single phase!! What is going on? Why???!!!

06/29/2016 at 8:08 am
    • Hello again nicky,

Low sperm motility of sperm DNA fragmentation along with poor quality endometrial tissue can be the reason behind infertility. Thanks to IVF, the semen sample can be washed so that only the best spermatozoa in terms of quality and motility are selected for fertilization. Besides, embryos are cultured prior to the transfer in order to select those with the best morphology, which are the ones with the greatest implantation potential.

If we add hormone medications for endometrial preparation, the result is the ideal endometrial thickness, causing it to be on its receptive phase. All these factors boost your chances of getting pregnant. In spite of all that, sometimes embryos are unable to implant for no reason, but this doesn’t mean the patient has done something wrong or it is her fault.

I hope this helps,

All the best

06/29/2016 at 11:07 am
  4. Thanks Sandra. If only I could write here the next time with good news… 😀 I’m hoping for the best!!

06/29/2016 at 12:07 pm
Leave a reply