Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
How many times do I need to try IVF before giving up?

How many times do I need to try IVF before giving up?

1. ROSEBLOSSOM
    ROSEBLOSSOM

Hello, I’ve heard that IVF never works the first time, is it true? Then why investing such a huge amount of our money on it?

Thanks!

01/23/2016 at 5:01 pm
  2. Hello ROSE,

that statement is not true: of course IVF can work the first time. Some women achieve so, others don’t. It depends on a great number of factors. Assisted reproduction is not 100% effective, just as natural pregnancy: embryo implantation does not occur always.

Each assisted reproduction technique counts on its own success rates. However, understanding IVF statistics can become a bit complicated, since many aspects can be taken into account. Be it as it may, many women have achieved pregnancy the very first time; others may need even three or fours attempts. The good news is that success rats of IVF are cumulative, that is, they increase with each attempt.

Each case must be treated and analyzed individually.

Hope this helps,

Best wishes

01/27/2016 at 5:19 pm
  3. Good evening, I had an ET on 3rd and since yesterday I have be having cramps and brown stains coming out of my virginal and light blood stain like pink colour please I need somebody to help out if ET is failed

10/14/2017 at 5:24 am
    • Dear Ego kindly,

This topic is being discussed in the following thread: Embryo transfer: symptoms before positive outcome. Please, post your query there or look for the answer on my previous replies.

Thank you very much.

Best

10/16/2017 at 11:32 am
    • Hi there. I know this post was a couple of months ago. Small amounts of spotting can be fairly innocent. But suggest you tell your GP about it just in case. A progesterone test is easy to do and never goes astray. One should give her clinic a call to put thoughts at ease. Best of luck!

10/12/2018 at 10:58 am
  4. I’ve read too much when ladies announcing their bfp after shot#1 ivf. Almost the same number of those experiencing more than 1 shot before luck. I’m personally among the latter ones. Here’s my background. I’m 39 yrs old. We did pass 2 ivf cycles with own eggs with my ex. That time we also had a male issue. My ex had low sperm quality. And my right ovary never responded to treatments which is strange enough..We usually got a good number of eggs. But once fertilised, they developed poorly and slow. We also wanted to try to see if our embryos would grow better without getting taken out once a day for the scientists to look at. Here I’m talking about EmbryoScope usage..(Average costs in the UK – £700). Well, things changed. I met my Mr Right. We both wanted kids so much that’s why we started another round ivf. This time went overseas for affordable prices mostly. My AMH test results came in 3% only. Our new Dr told us it won’t do. She adviced turning to donor egg. We didn’t have to look for the perfect donor for long with them. Donor matching process passed quickly so soon we could start the program itself. They placed back 2 nice 5day embies during ET. I got bfp, currently waiting for the scan date. This is, on the whole, our 3rd attempt with treatments successful. But again it’s too individual in every case. And as for money costs try looking onto guaranteed programs within clinics. Wishing you the best!

06/24/2018 at 12:44 pm
Leave a reply