Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
How much is surrogacy in Belgium?

How much is surrogacy in Belgium?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Steffy hudson</span>
    Steffy hudson

Hey, I know surrogacy is legal in Belgium, and since we’ve got some friends living there, we are considering this country as our destination for surrogacy. The problem is I can’t find any information about it, especially about the cost. I know there are many factors influencing it, but I’d like to come across a more or less accurate price… S.O.S.

04/25/2016 at 9:38 am
  2. Dear Steffy,

Surrogacy is allowed in Belgium, but only for Belgian citizens. Besides, only altruistic surrogacy is allowed—commercial surrogacy is forbidden. This means that surrogacy contracts are not established through an agency and the intended parents don’t have to search for an unknown person to become their surrogate. As it is an altruistic act, surrogates are usually relatives of acquaintances that offer themselves to bear the pregnancy voluntarily and freely.

If you aren’t a Belgian citizen, I’m afraid you cannot get yourselves started with surrogacy in Belgium. If you wish to travel to Europe for fertility tourism, my suggestion is Greece, as surrogacy is allowed there.

I hope I have been able to help,

Regards

04/26/2016 at 4:32 pm
    • Hello. I am a Belgian citizen. I was wondering if there was an association that could help to find a surrogate mother?

10/12/2016 at 10:12 am
    • Hello Steve,

Currently, we don’t work with any association specializing in surrogacy in Belgium. However, if you’re a Belgian citizen, you might be interested in taking a look at our project Babygest.com, written in French, with a comprehensive set of information about surrogacy.

I hope this helps,

Regards

05/15/2017 at 8:59 am
  3. Dear Sandra,

My partner and I are EU citizens and live in Belgium for more than 8 years and we are permanent residents, however, we are not Belgian nationals (i.e. we have never applied for a Belgian passport).

Would it be possible to have surrogacy in Belgium?

Thank you for your help.
    S.

01/29/2018 at 11:26 am
    • Dear stam,

There is no legal limitation for foreign citizens, so it’s no problem if you are not Belgian nationals. However, it is required that you have already chosen a surrogate at the time that you apply for having a surrogate.

I hope this helps,

Best wishes

01/29/2018 at 1:22 pm
  4. I am a US hopeful surro who is hoping to work with Belgium IPs that have become friends. We are working with a clinic, but it would be an indy agreement and not through an agency. I wanted to confirm that our contract would be recognized in Belgium, and was legal. I’ve heard that surrogacy is illegal in Belgium, but believe that’s only the case if they are compensating a Belgium citizen. Is that correct?
    Thank you!

05/18/2018 at 10:48 pm
Leave a reply