Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Is evening sickness a sign of pregnancy?

Is evening sickness a sign of pregnancy?

1. torijean6
    torijean6

Hello everyone, my name is Tori and I believe that I am pregnant because I am 3 days late concerning my cycle and I have been having evening sickness on and off for the past week. I am going to wait until July 1st to see if my cycle comes and if it does not I will take a pregnancy test. My husband Jason and I have been trying to conceive ever since the day after we got married this past because we really would like to have a son. I just want to know if it is possible to get pregnant and only have mild evening sickness on and off?

06/26/2018 at 1:32 am
  2. Hello Tori,

Absolutely yes, morning sickness at night or evening nausea is totally common. In fact, the term “morning sickness” is kind of misleading, as actually pregnancy nausea can occur anytime throughout the day, whether it is at morning, noon or night.

On the other hand, although nausea is perhaps the most common sign of pregnancy, it doesn’t mean that a woman is pregnant by default. As regards your question if it’s possible to get pregnant and only have mild evening sickness, the answer is yes. In fact, some women don’t have any symptoms at all during pregnancy. Each woman and pregnancy is different.

I hope this helps,

Best

06/26/2018 at 9:10 am
    • Thank you Sandra for your helpful response, I hope I am pregnant because Jason and I have been trying to conceive since this past April.

06/26/2018 at 2:31 pm
    • You’re welcome! Wishing you all the best 🙂

I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Regards

06/26/2018 at 2:58 pm
Leave a reply