Length of time for hCG level to return to zero

1. jackson2016
    jackson2016

Hi,
    I found out on 8/25/16 at 19 wks 4 days pregnant that my baby girl had passed. I was admitted to hospital on 8/26/16 and gave birth on 8/27/16. On 9/6/16 I had sex which was 11 days after giving birth and again on 9/12/16 which was 17 days after giving birth. I took a pregnancy test today 9/17/16 which is exactly 3 wks after giving birth and got a very visible positive. My question is, could this be old hCG from the miscarriage or a new pregnancy? My breasts seem to be getting more tender as it had almost subsided.

09/17/2016 at 11:11 pm
  2. I would like to also add that a few days following the 1st day that I had sex which was on 9/6/16 I started having sharp pains in my right ovary which only lasted a few hours and then started discharging EWCM (egg white cervical mucus) for about 2 days. I’m not sure if I was ovulating. I am aware that I would not be getting a positive reading from when I had sex on 9/12/16 as that would be to early. The date more so in question is 9/6/16.

09/17/2016 at 11:19 pm
    • Dear jackson2016,

It takes some time for a woman’s hCG levels to return to normal after a miscarriage. If it’s only 3 weeks after the miscarriage, it is very unlikely that you are pregnant again. Do not worry as your hCG levels will return to zero eventually. I cannot give you a precise period of time, as it depends on each woman and the way her organism works.

My advice is that you take a look at the following post, as it may be helpful in your case: hCG levels after a miscarriage

I hope I have been able to help,

Best

09/19/2016 at 12:45 pm
We use own cookies and third party cookies to offer you personalized ads and gather statistical data. If you continue the navigation we understand that you accept our cookies policy.