Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Menstrual synchrony in lesbian couples

Menstrual synchrony in lesbian couples

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Hailey wonder</span>
    Hailey wonder

Hey, how are you? Well, this is our situation… We’re a lesbian couple and been living together for 3 years now. We expected our menstrual cycles to synchronize as our lifestyles, timetables, etc. are almost the same, but after 3 years we still haven’t experienced this menstrual synchrony some people tell us about. I’ve always heard it happens for example when living in a shared accommodation with more girls, but don’t understand why it doesn’t happen with us. Is it because we have sexual activity between ourselves or why?

Thank you!

02/13/2016 at 4:22 pm
  2. Dear Hailey,

in fact, several scientific studies have been conducted in order to verify how true this theory is, with all of them leading to failure. Evidence of convergence has never been proven: in most cases, the onset date of the menstrual cycle among women living together occurs randomly or even with great divergence of onset dates.

In 2013, a review of menstrual synchrony among women living together and/or in close proximity concluded that, indeed, the idea of menstrual synchrony is an erroneous theory; in other words, a myth. Some state that menstrual synchrony is an attribute of past/contemporary human populations, but not characteristic of today’s society.

I hope I have been able to help,

Best wishes

02/22/2016 at 4:38 pm
Leave a reply