Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
My period was 6 days late and shorter than usual
Menu

My period was 6 days late and shorter than usual

1. WishingUWell
    WishingUWell

Hi, my last period started on the 19th of February and i had unprotected sex on the 5th of March. I have a 31 day cycle. For the following 2 weeks i had cramps in lower abdomen and lower back and tingly breast once in a while. I was 6 days late on those days i had white creamy discharge what i think that was my period started on the 25th of march but lighter than usual and lasted for 1 1/2 day normally it lasts 5 days, on the 3rd day was spotting pink when i wiped and after that only milky white discharge. I feel bloated and breast still tingle once in a while. Is there a chance that i might be pregnant?

03/30/2018 at 1:48 am
  2. Dear wishinguwell,

Yes, there are chances for you being pregnant. The symptoms you’ve described plus the fact that you have 31 day cycles and that it was 6 days late could mean embryo implantation. My advice is that you take a pregnancy test to clear any doubt.

I hope this helps,

Best

04/03/2018 at 4:31 pm
  3. Hi,
    I’m really concerned my period is three days late and I have a really creamy white sticky discharge/ mucus. I do not want to get pregnant and my boyfriend has never ejaculated into me. We use extra safe condoms because a pregnancy is something that neither of us want yet. I don’t know what I should do, I keep feeling like my period is coming but it doesn’t. We’ve never had sex during the fertile window or ovulation but I am still concerned. We’ve had unprotected sex once 3 days into my last period. Could I be pregnant?

04/09/2018 at 10:00 am
    • Dear Elisa,

If your boyfriend didn’t ejaculate inside you and sex didn’t take place during your ovulation days, it’s highly unlikely that you’re pregnant. Sometimes, a woman’s menses delay for reasons other than a pregnancy. In fact, stress generated while thinking that you got pregnant is a factor that causes your period to be late. For your own peace of mind, I would suggest that you take a home pregnancy test in order to clear any doubt.

I hope this helps,

Best wishes

04/10/2018 at 9:06 am
Comments
You might also like
We use own cookies and third party cookies to offer you personalized ads and gather statistical data. If you continue the navigation we understand that you accept our cookies policy.