Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
My period was 6 days late and shorter than usual

My period was 6 days late and shorter than usual

1. WishingUWell
    WishingUWell

Hi, my last period started on the 19th of February and i had unprotected sex on the 5th of March. I have a 31 day cycle. For the following 2 weeks i had cramps in lower abdomen and lower back and tingly breast once in a while. I was 6 days late on those days i had white creamy discharge what i think that was my period started on the 25th of march but lighter than usual and lasted for 1 1/2 day normally it lasts 5 days, on the 3rd day was spotting pink when i wiped and after that only milky white discharge. I feel bloated and breast still tingle once in a while. Is there a chance that i might be pregnant?

03/30/2018 at 1:48 am
  2. Dear wishinguwell,

Yes, there are chances for you being pregnant. The symptoms you’ve described plus the fact that you have 31 day cycles and that it was 6 days late could mean embryo implantation. My advice is that you take a pregnancy test to clear any doubt.

I hope this helps,

Best

04/03/2018 at 4:31 pm
  3. Hi,
    I’m really concerned my period is three days late and I have a really creamy white sticky discharge/ mucus. I do not want to get pregnant and my boyfriend has never ejaculated into me. We use extra safe condoms because a pregnancy is something that neither of us want yet. I don’t know what I should do, I keep feeling like my period is coming but it doesn’t. We’ve never had sex during the fertile window or ovulation but I am still concerned. We’ve had unprotected sex once 3 days into my last period. Could I be pregnant?

04/09/2018 at 10:00 am
    • Dear Elisa,

If your boyfriend didn’t ejaculate inside you and sex didn’t take place during your ovulation days, it’s highly unlikely that you’re pregnant. Sometimes, a woman’s menses delay for reasons other than a pregnancy. In fact, stress generated while thinking that you got pregnant is a factor that causes your period to be late. For your own peace of mind, I would suggest that you take a home pregnancy test in order to clear any doubt.

I hope this helps,

Best wishes

04/10/2018 at 9:06 am
Leave a reply