Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
My twin sister needs donor eggs and I’m offering her mine

My twin sister needs donor eggs and I’m offering her mine

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Dianne Bailey</span>
    Dianne Bailey

Heyy! I know this situation is rather infrequent, but that’s actual and we’d gone through many fertility tests. My sister has just been diagnosed with unexplained infertility after 4 years trying to conceive, whereas I already have a son, so I’m fertile. She’s desperate to give my son a cousin but we see no other option apart from egg donation. Our question is if my eggs would be almost the same as those of her because we are identical twins, would it be like using her own eggs or more like using your sister’s (not twin sister) eggs? This is her only plan B and I’m willing to help her as much as I can 🙂

11/23/2015 at 3:04 pm
  2. Hello Dianne,

First and foremost, I find it a wonderful gift you are willing to give your sister 🙂 In general, if you are monozygotic twins (commonly known as “identical twins”), then it means you have identical DNA, since you were formed from the fusion of a single sperm and a single egg. In these cases, donating eggs to your twin sister is the ideal situation, because donor eggs are exactly like the recipient eggs.

Anyhow, it should be clear that, if you choose known egg donation, no matter who you choose, she has to undergo a thorough screening process to check whether she meets the requirements to qualify as a donor.

Best wishes,

Hope this helps

12/01/2015 at 3:25 pm
Leave a reply