Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
I need help… can’t get pregnant with IVF

I need help… can’t get pregnant with IVF

1. melisa
    melisa

I have been feeling depressed for the last two years. It started when I decided to start conceiving and everything was falling apart when I was diagnosed with infertility issues. After struggling for years I have decided to visit a doctor. It is so hard and annoying that I cannot give the biggest happiness to my husband.
    I respect him a lot and love him a lot. We started our first IVF cycle few months ago and I have been hoping ever since that I will get pregnant. It is a very difficult situation and I believe in nature and nature has the strongest influence.

08/23/2017 at 9:26 am
  2. Dear melisa,

You’ve only given one try to IVF. My advice is that you try it again before moving on to another infertility treatment. Let me remind you that the success rates of IVF are as follows:

– 20-25% in women younger than 35
    – 15-20% in women aged 35-39 years
    – 6-10% from age 40 onwards

I hope this helps,

Best wishes

08/30/2017 at 9:07 am
  3. Hi Sandra,

I really appreciate you for the information. I will apply your suggestion and will go for the IVF one more time. The first cycle was so bad and It was totally disappointing for me.

Much Love!
    Mellisa

09/17/2017 at 3:56 pm
    • The first question that arises in a patient’s mind after an IVF failure is ‘Why did my cycle fail?’ A failed IVF cycle is heart wrenching. It is painful because your dreams are shattered, your hard-earned money has gone down the tube and you do not know what to do next! As humans we all need an answer for the failures we encounter. Why did a particular endeavor fail? If we get an answer for this, then we tend to have peace of mind, because we believe that we can achieve success the next time around if we can rectify what went wrong in the previous attempt. But when an IVF cycle fails unfortunately no one has an answer for the same – not even your doctor! You might have had a perfect cycle – lots of eggs, good fertilization rate, good quality embryos, excellent endometrium, easy embryo transfer – but no positive pregnancy test! On the other hand your friend might have had a very poor IVF cycle (with few eggs and poor quality embryos) and they might end up getting pregnant! IVF is like a gamble – which involves not only your money, but also your fragile baby dreams! The sad truth is that there is no logical explanation for the outcome of an IVF cycle – be it a success or a failure.

10/12/2018 at 10:02 am
  4. Good nice post

08/06/2018 at 8:27 am
    • Yes, it is. Very emotional and close to life. I had been in the same boat for so many years!! We dedicated much time on investigating the reasons for our infertility. Switched several fertility experts in order to get to the core. But all we got was – 3 different opinions which made the whole situation even more intricate..Finally, with the problem more or less nailed we started actual treatments – IVF shots. firstly with own eggs as it goes. Then opted for donor egg. One should never give up!! NEVER! It’s hard, sometimes it’s a torture – one should know what he’s doing this all for!

12/13/2018 at 11:05 am
  5. I’m sorry to hear about your problem. And it hurts so much there are so many of us struggling. I’m on the other side of the fence now. We’ve been successful after DE IVF shot performed in ukraine. On the whole this was our 3rd shot of treatments. We tried 2 cycles ivf with my ex. I was 39 yrs old. My ex had low sperm quality. And my right ovary seems never responded to treatments. Later my amh level turned out to be 3% only. My weight was 12 stone 7lbs. Our new dr felt no good about moving into another round ivf with my own eggs. She told us it was not going to work, in other words, chances were almost zero. So we turned to donor eggs. Our donor produced many healthy egg for us! At the ET they placed back 2 nice embies and we ended up with bfp.
    The reasons ivf doesn’t work may be very different. And it definitely irritates when you pass multiple shots and get no luck. You should investigate well with your dr. The reasons, possible improvements and ways out for you. You need to be patient. Hope things will get to their places soon. Wishing you the best.

08/15/2018 at 11:30 am
  6. Being in your shoes I’d forced myself to think more of the positive aspects, even when it’s a failure. I mean, everything what happens is a step closer to the success. And if your 1st try IVF was unsuccessful – it’s NOT the reason to think you’ll never get prego via this option. For the majority of ladies it takes more than 1 shot to conceive. I guess there’s more medical explanation to all this. See, your body has lived a stable pattern for years. Unfortunately, you couldn’t get prego with that one, so you started to look for some med help. To make the round with high chances, your body is placed under different hormonal meds influence. For different reasons, your Dr decides over. I’m just saying every IVF start is a huge stress laid upon your organism. It has to adapt to some new pattern. And this results in that we often don’t get things expected – we should to wait a bit longer to succeed. Just give one more try IVF, I’m sure it’ll bring you much better experience. Stay strong!!

12/13/2018 at 10:56 am
    • Right! No matter what amount of conforting words I use your grief wont let you at peace anytime soon. Being a mother is more than just physiological. The emotional string is way to heavy to be torn down with the MC and the outbrust of insanity thereafter is overwhelming. But we’re women we don’t have a choice than to be strong and come out strong from any situation. It’s much needed that you’re hearty and healthy both to take on the round 2.

12/09/2019 at 9:14 am
  7. Hi hun. I’m so sorry to hear about what you’re currently facing. Seeing negative test is always heartbreaking. And it’s much worse if you get it positive but further have to face a mc..Like in my case.. I’m so sorry, honey for what you’ve gone through. I hope you were referred to the counsellors for professional support. And you got your cycle reviewed. Counselling is especially valuable at this time for you both. It is devastating to learn that it’s no luck for this time. And to be assured it isn’t your fault! There could be any number of reasons why on this occasion it didn’t work. And it’s not unusual to need more than one IVF attempt to conceive. You’re not alone in feeling this way. Just remember you’re still standing. Remember that you can do this and other hard things that might come your way!

If you need a good chat, I’m here for you. I’m hoping for you!

10/26/2020 at 5:43 pm
Leave a reply