I need your help: Problems with Ukrainian clinic

1. Hi, everybody! I decided to write here to get some help and advice to understand what to do further. I’m not infertile, but I can’t give birth due to some heart problems. My cardiologist and gynecologists simply don’t recommend me to do this. I’m married to and both my husband and I dream to have a child. At least, we want to give birth to one our own child and then adopt several children. Both my hubby and I are the UK residents. Surrogacy is allowed here, but we don’t have a close friend or relative to help us. We want to find a clinic that would help us to find a healthy and responsible surrogate. We’ve got interested in one Ukrainian clinic. It’s Bitotexcom. The clinic had quite a lot of favorable feedbacks on various fertility forums. Now, I’m going to give you my own feedback about this clinic. When we came to Ukraine, we were met at the airport by a very courteous translator. Then we were taken to a nice apartment to have some rest. The following day, a driver took us to the clinic, and this was the end of the things we liked about this clinic. Biotexcom is a tiny clinic located in a small private villa. When we entered the hall we were surprised to see large queues everywhere. There wasn’t even a vacant place to stand. Some people were even sitting on the stairs. We saw loads of couples with newly born children there. Some of them were crying and it made the atmosphere in the clinic unbearable… A cold and unfriendly administrator told us that our manager in charge is busy, so we have to wait our turn. Overall, we waited nearly 2 hours before the manager came into the clinic hall and invited us to see a doctor. The doctor who spoke with us seemed to be a real expert, but she treated us so formally…. We’ve decided not to sign up a contract yet, and went back to France.

P.S. We visited another Ukrainian clinic in Kiev. It was called Isida. The things were different there… Extremely polite and friendly administrator, very understandable and sympathizing doctor and empty clinic hall. There were no queues and noise. The atmosphere is very calm and even frightening. Now I have one question: both clinics suit us, but we don’t know which one to choose: a noisy or quiet one??? Maybe, there is anybody here who has got an egg donation in Ukraine??? Please share your experience with me.

November 28, 2016 at 5:04 pm
  2. Really sorry for you having such a bad experience with the clinic. If they were real professionals, they won’t make you wait in a large queue. Choosing the right fertility clinic is a little bit complicated thing. You should be totally sure that the clinic you’re going to deal with will find a good surrogate for you. It’s the key moment cause your baby’s life will depend entirely on that woman. You should check everything properly. For me, it’s better to quit them. I wish you good luck, dear!

December 4, 2016 at 10:26 pm
  3. Hi, MTN20. Thanks for your reply! I quite agree that the way the clinic takes care of surro moms is the key moment in choosing the clinic. We decided to deal with Biotexcom cause we’ve found quite a lot of positive feedbacks about this clinic on various fertility forums. We also liked the contracted the clinic offered us to sign up. According to this contract, the surro mum will be supplied with all necessary things by the clinic’s representatives. She’ll get enough money for food and living monthly. The clinic will also provide her with all necessary medical services. Every month they’ll do an ultrasound check up to see if everything is ok. The surrogate will get medical insurance. In case of miscarriage or abortion after the 12th week of pregnancy, she’ll get a decent money compensation. The clinic’s representatives will phone her every week and pay a personal visit to her apartment once a month to check if everything is really ok. The surrogate will also pass alcohol, drugs and smoke tests. These are the things we liked about this clinic. What do you think about it? Should we trust them or not?

December 10, 2016 at 4:01 pm
  4. Hi! If I were in your shoes, I would check whether you’ll be able to leave the country. It’s vital to do this because each country has its peculiarities in laws. If I were in your shoes, I would visit the attorney. You must be 100% sure that you’ll be able to leave Ukraine and enter your country. In some countries surrogacy is banned. You may even break the law by asking a surrogate to give birth to your child.

February 11, 2017 at 1:24 pm
  5. Surrogacy is allowed in Ukraine. According to the laws of this country, the intended parents are considered to be the true parents of the baby and their names are included in the child’s Birth Certificate. It means a surrogate won’t be able to claim her rights for the baby. It’s really cool because in some countries like Russia or the UK a surrogate should reject her rights for the baby and only then the intended parents become the true parents of the child. This was the main reason why we decided to choose Ukraine. In addition, the clinic’s representatives offered us a help in getting the baby’s Birth Certificate in the Ukrainian Registry Office. They would make its translation and would assist us in getting the baby’s pass.

February 16, 2017 at 1:02 pm
  6. Profile photo of sue sue

Hi, everybody! Sweetlady, I’m really sorry for you having problems with your heart. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn’t hurry with choosing both of these clinics. As far as I’ve understood, you aren’t feeling comfortable about both of theses clinic. Maybe, it’s better to continue your search… You must be totally sure that they would find a responsible surrogate for you who leads a healthy lifestyle. She shouldn’t smoke or drink during her pregnancy!

February 21, 2017 at 5:16 pm
  7. The first clinic offers us to sign up a contract where it’s stated that they are responsible for finding a surrogate mom for our baby. This should be a woman who is healthy enough to become pregnant, carry and give birth to our child. She must be totally healthy and pass through a psychological test. A surro mum has to lead a healthy lifestyle. She has to visit the clinic and do an ultrasound check. The results of this investigation (including, photos and video) will be sent to us. A surrogate will also have to pass through a smoke, alcohol and drug tests to see whether she leads a healthy lifestyle. The clinic’s representatives will pay a personal visit or phone a surrogate every week to check her needs.

February 28, 2017 at 3:28 pm
  8. Sounds not bad, hun! If the surrogate is paid much attention to and checked regularly, you have great chances to become a mum of a healthy child!!! I think you should plan your visit carefully! Find a comfortable apartment! Maybe, you should also look for a good babysitter. She would take care of your child when you’re away. I would also look for a pediatrician to consult in case you have any problems with your baby’s health.

March 12, 2017 at 12:15 pm
  9. According to the contract, we’re to sign up, the clinic would provide us with the attending babysitter. She would come daily and look for our child for 4 hours. I think it’s really handy, as we will need time to visit the embassy and prepare all necessary papers for leaving the country. The baby will also be checked by the attending doctor. I think it’s great as it’s my first baby and I think it’s better if he will be checked by the doctor. We may even phone 24/7 hotline and get a consultation from the English-speaking pediatrician. In emergency cases, the doctor may arrive and visit our place of residence to see if the child is ok.

March 19, 2017 at 12:49 pm