Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
No symptoms after embryo transfer with donor eggs

No symptoms after embryo transfer with donor eggs

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Chelsea Faye</span>
    Chelsea Faye

Hello,

I had my embryo transfer done a few days ago. It is the last step involved within the egg donation process, but I must say it’s being harder than expected, mainly because stress and anxiety are not helpful at all. I look forward to find out whether it is positive or negative, but in the meantime I’m afraid I may get a BFN because I don’t feel anything, no symptoms after embryo transfer at all… And I read in some of your articles that you usually experience bloated stomatch and even vomitting, but I don’t feel anything! I’m just as fine as always, as if nothing has ever happended… Well, day 3 after ET I experienced some bloating, but it disappeared next day and I haven’t felt anything ever since.

Does it mean the treatment has failed? Please, I’m praying!!

11/19/2015 at 12:17 pm
  2. Dear Chelsea,

You shouldn’t worry about having no pregnancy symptoms. It is still too early to draw any conclusion. Besides, it is possible that, even though the embryo is developing inside of you, you don’t present any pregnancy symptom. The fact that most women experience nausea, vomitting and other symptoms does not mean you are not pregnant if you don’t have any of these symptoms. Each woman goes through pregnancy in a different way, and there’s no problem with that.

Anyhow, it is crucial that now you are relaxed, but above all having a positive attitude towards this process is essential. Nobody said the two-week wait is an easy phase; it can turn out to be a never-ending phase for some women, but you have to try keep your mind busy during these days.

However, I don’t want by no means create false hopes. Thus, while the absence of pregnancy symptoms is not uncommon among some women, it may indicate pregnancy hasn’t occurred, too.

Since you have to necessarily wait till day 15 post embryo transfer to take a pregnancy test and finally find out whether the treatment has worked, stress and anxiety won’t be of any help; therefore, for your own peace of mind, my advice is that you keep calm and continue with your usual lifestyle, always smiling and having a positive attitude towards everything 😉

Check the following posts out to learn more:

Having a baby through egg donation: early pregnancy signs
    Using donor eggs to get pregnant: What process do recipients go through?

I wish you the very best of luck

11/25/2015 at 11:37 am
Leave a reply