Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Premature ovarian failure at the age of 20

Premature ovarian failure at the age of 20

1. melisa
    melisa

It is difficult to understand the families that face infertility issue in the life. I have been working on the things that help me to move forward in my life. I have been working and trying everything that help me to change the perception.
    It seems everything that happening in my life is happening because I am fail to mature my eggs at the age of 20. It’s still affecting my life.
    I am not going for more tests and I don’t need to because I am tired.
    I am here to get some love!

09/20/2017 at 11:33 am
  2. Hello melisa,

I am very sorry for you. The condition that you are describing here is called Premature Ovarian Failure (POF), which is described as the cease of ovarian activity at an early age.

I suggest that you read the following article to learn about the causes, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment: What is POF (Premature Ovarian Failure)?

On the other hand, I have already replied to a similar post of yours here: IVF failure and horror stories. You can continue posting as many comments as you wish there.

Best wishes!

09/20/2017 at 6:12 pm
    • Hi melisa, it’s terribly sad that we women have to go through this just because our fate decided for us! What are you planning to do when you decide to have a baby?

10/20/2017 at 1:00 pm
  3. We all think this is not our story and stay untouched when hear someone is going to adopt or selling his house to pay for treatments. Unless we go through this ourselves. I felt so ashamed I didn’t understand the pain my cousin once shared with me. Well, this made me upset or something, but I truly didn’t understand how all-consuming infertility was. My cousin told us that they had tried for years with no luck. And that she wasn’t open about her problems, because she hates to be pitied and just pretended to be strong. No one could ever guess they were struggling. And actually this was even me asking several times ”When you’re going to have kids?”

As chance would have it later I was in the same boat. My cousin has accomplished her IVF treatments at that time. They were happily nursing their little one, when I was struggling I was just at the beginning of my journey.

09/02/2020 at 9:41 am
  4. Hi guys,

I’m also affected by POF. I’m as young as 27 years… It was two years ago when the first signs of ovarian failure started to show up…Hair loss, irregular menstruation, later hot flushes. But I blamed it on my external circumstances you know. I was in the middle of moving to another country so I thought it was just stress, the climate, etc.

As years passed by, I went to the GYN because my symptoms did not disappear. And that’s when I became suspicious. And got a diagnosis.

Now, I’m looking into pregnancy options but I’m a bit lost. I don’t know if I can get pregnant after all. Even if it’s assisted conception. Can someone guide me?

Thank you so much.

09/02/2020 at 3:00 pm
    • Hi Moon,

I’m very sorry to hear this. Getting this life-changing diagnosis is indeed difficult to accept. However, you should not lose hope since your condition has remedies.

While it’s certain that premature ovarian failure has a negative effect on your fertility which hinders natural conception, you still have the chance to get pregnant by IVF. Have a look at this post: How to Conceive with Premature Ovarian Failure.

Hope this helps you,

wish you all the best.

09/02/2020 at 3:51 pm
Leave a reply