Certified Medical Magazine Specialized in Assisted Reproduction and Pregnancy.
Reasons why my levels of AMH have increased
Menu

Reasons why my levels of AMH have increased

1. sophie 345
    sophie 345

Hello, doctor. 3 months ago, I did a bloodwork and the result was 0.93… Two days ago I repeated the test and the result was 1.35 and I don’t understand why. I’ve been taking vitamin supplements, but I thought they were natural and nothing bad would happen. Do you think that’s the reason why my AMH levels have increased?

06/21/2016 at 9:12 am
  2. Hello sophie 345,

The Anti-Müllerian hormone (AMH) usually keeps its level steady throughout the whole menstrual cycle. It may vary with factors such a declining ovarian reserve, and if this happens, it cannot be recovered over time. In just 3 months time, the AMH doesn’t usually experience significant fluctuations, and in fact, it should decrease with age, not increase.

Guessing this elevated level is due to a mistake in the measurements taken to carry out one of these two tests. There exists no food or vitamin supplement that can improve your ovarian reserve or AMH levels. I don’t know what the measurement units of this tests are the same, but the base unit to measure AMH is usually ng/ml.

My advice is that you have the test done again, so that you can draw an accurate conclusion regarding your ovarian function and ovarian reserve. While with an AMH level of 1 to 2 ng/ml your ovarian reserve is fine, with a level of 0.7-1 ng/ml your ovarian reserve is too low and it may be an indicator that there are some complications in your ovary when interacting with stimulation of ovarian function medications

I hope I have been able to help,

Best regards

06/21/2016 at 1:51 pm
We use own cookies and third party cookies to offer you personalized ads and gather statistical data. If you continue the navigation we understand that you accept our cookies policy.