Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Surrogate mother and intended parent relationship

Surrogate mother and intended parent relationship

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Jordan</span>
    Jordan

Hello, my name is Jordan and I’m considering becoming a daddy via surrogacy. I’m not gay, I just haven’t met the ideal women for me and I really wish to have a child. I would like to build a relationship with the woman who is going to carry my baby to term… all in all, she’s the one who is going to give me that present, isn’t she? This is so special for me that cannot be expressed with words… Do you know if there is any chance that I can met her or keep in touch with her? Does it vary depending on the country or how does it work? S.O.S.

03/01/2016 at 8:09 am
  2. Dear Jordan,

in principle, in the United States and Canada, both countries allowing surrogacy for single men and gay couples, intended parents must choose the donor and agree to “work” with that woman, and the same the other way about (the surrogate must agree to be the gestational carrier of that patient or patients). This means that, if you choose the USA or Canada to undergo surrogacy, you will have no choice but to met your surrogate.

The type of relationship they want to build is in the hands of both parties. As a matter of fact, you will have a personal interview with your prospective surrogate; there, you could tell her what are your intentions and ask her if she agrees to do so. My advice is that you make things clear enough at the very beginning in order to avoid possible misunderstandings once the baby is born.

I hope I have been able to help,

Regards

03/18/2016 at 12:55 pm
  3. Hello. My son was born by a surrogate mother in Ukraine. After all the examinations were made, the doctors chose a surrogate for us. We had a chance to choose one of our relatives or friends on this role. But we decided that this should be someone unknown. We didn’t want to share our baby with nobody else.
    Our surrogate mother was a young and smart girl. We were spending a lot of time together. In these 9 months the girl became a very important person in our lives. But, to say truth, I’ve never had an idea that we will keep communicating after the childbirth. As for me it is much better if you take the baby away right after the delivery. This woman is not related to the baby. There’s no need for them to know each other in the future. The surrogate mother isn’t mentioned in the birth certificate. So, it depends on the biological parents if they want to stay in touch with the surrogate.
    The surrogate mother should follow all the terms of the contract. This agreement should say that the surrogate mother is not able to keep the baby after delivery. Also, if the genetic parents wish, this contract should say that the surrogate should never contact the family she was forking for. I mean the family, where the kid will be growing up.
    I absolutely agree with these rules. The surrogate mother is not our relative. She should never contact us.
    Why don’t you find a woman to create a family? She will give birth to your baby. And you will communicate with the mother of your baby just like you wanted. I think this is the best option for you.
    Anyway, this is your life and your baby. You decide if you want to stay in touch with the surrogate or not. I just wish you good luck with your kid!

09/11/2017 at 10:02 pm
  4. Hey there! Due to infertility i went to Europe for surrogacy and successfully had a baby. According to the rules the surrogate mother cannot contact you after the birth of baby so our surrogate did not contact us. Another reason was that we want to keep our pregnancy hidden but its up to you. Wish you best of luck.

03/22/2018 at 7:37 pm
Leave a reply