Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Ways to get pregnant after tubal ligation

Ways to get pregnant after tubal ligation

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Anonymous</span>
    Anonymous

Dear Counselor,
    Im a man who wants to know if is it possible to have a baby with my girlfriend. My mate has got tubal ligation and she already has got children the last about 5 years ago… She is 38 years old. I’m fertile. I would like to know which is the best way to obtain a baby considering she is ligated. Thanks in advance

06/08/2018 at 8:15 pm
  2. Dear jknmgo,

There exist various options for you to become parents in spite of tubal ligation. First, there’s a surgical procedure called “tubal ligation reversal” whereby, as the name itself suggest, the ligated tubes can be reconnected. On average, the success rates of this procedure range from 25 to 80%, depending on the case. Moreover, it increases the chances of an ectopic pregnancy.

Secondly, many women who undergo tubal ligation and decide to have children later opt for In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) to get pregnant. Given that they still continue to produce eggs, this procedure allows for egg collection from the ovaries, and the subsequent fertilization at the lab using you sperm. Then, the resulting embryos are transferred back to her uterus, so that they are able to attach to her uterine lining, marking the start of a new pregnancy.

Actually, IVF carries a reduced number of risks in comparison with tubal ligation reversal. But the final decision is up to you.

I hope I have been able to help,

Best regards

06/11/2018 at 8:53 am
  3. Well, there might be 2 ways of solving your problem. First, your mate’s tubes can be reversed with surgery. Though this is quite a costly operation. Then if things are done well and she gets her tubes open again, the dr will want to start ttc after she heals. Second, is moving straight to ivf. Lots of women don’t want to move on with surgeries. Moreover, we cannot be sure there are no further issues after you get rid of the tubes blockade. She 38 yrs old, meaning age might have effected the eggs quality etc. You should go to the professional who’ll advise you. If it turns out you’ll need ivf, then the clinic chosen will cultivate follies in your mates ovaries. Then they’ll retrieve them and fertilize with your swimmers. The created embies are usually put back on day 3 or 5 (This depends on the clinic’s treatment approach). Ours, for example, performs it on day 5 only, fresh. They explain this way the blasts are stronger and better developed, so that it’ll be ‘easier’ for them to implant. Whatever way you choose, I wish you both the best of luck!

09/12/2018 at 1:11 pm
Leave a reply