I have had a day-3 embryo transferred recently but I don’t understand too much about this process. I mean, it’s okay, now I have the embryo inside of my body, but what now? Is there anything I have to do, eat or take? I’m concerned because every time I walk around I feel as if my embryo is going to fall to the floor or something… Does it remain still inside of me? In which moment does pregnancy occur?
Pls, let me now, I’m spending most of the time sitting on the sofa, waiting for pregnancy symptoms to show up, but nothing yet.January 20, 2016 at 8:14 am
After IVF embryo transfer, the following 11 days are crucial. However, there is nothing you can do to boost its chances for success. This means bed rest and time off work are unnecessary unless otherwise indicated by your doctor.
As for not noticing any symptom, this is totally normal; some women do not experience any symptom at all, without this meaning the treatment has been unsuccessful. It depends on each woman, so don’t worry until day 15 post embryo transfer. Anyway, the following article may be of interest: Symptoms after embryo transfer.
Below you can find a list of what happens after a day-3 IVF embryo transfer day by day:
– Day 1: The embryo will continue growing and developing. At this stage, it will turn from a 6-8 cell embryo to a morula.
– Day 2: It will turn from morula to blastocyst.
– Day 3: The blastocyst embryo breaks through the zona pellucida.
– Day 4: The blastocyst attaches itself to the maternal uterus.
– Day 5: Embryo implantation begins.
– Day 6: Embryo implantation continues.
– Day 7: Now, embryo implantation is complete. At this stage, the embryo is called “fetus” and it will develop together with the placenta.
– Day 8: The woman’s body starts releasing hCG hormone (human chorionic gonadotropin), which will enter the bloodstream.
– Day 9: Fetal development continues together with hCG production.
– Day 10: Fetal development continues together with hCG production.
– Day 11: By this time onwards, hCG levels are high enough as to be detected by means of a pregnancy test.
I hope this helps,
Best wishesJanuary 25, 2016 at 12:22 pm
|Other topics related to this forum||Messages||Updated|
|About ET: 4 grade A embryos transferred and negative HPT on day 11||8||2 months, 3 weeks ago|
|It appears that my ICSI hasn’t been successful||2||10 months, 2 weeks ago|
|When should I test for pregnancy after blastocyst embryo transfer?||2||1 year, 4 months ago|
|Symptoms after embryo transfer||10||11 months, 2 weeks ago|
|Small blood clot after embryo transfer||2||11 months, 4 weeks ago|
|11 days post 3-day embryo transfer and BFN||2||8 months ago|
|No implantation bleeding after embryo transfer||2||1 year ago|
|Blastocyst day 5 transfer on 23rd January||2||1 year, 2 months ago|
|No symptoms after embryo transfer with donor eggs||2||1 year, 4 months ago|
|Nausea after egg donation||2||1 year, 1 month ago|