Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
What to do and not to do during 2ww

What to do and not to do during 2ww

1. Livk
    Livk

When is it ok to exercise after a day 3 embryo transfer? Also when do you have to stop eating foods like sushi or deli meats? Will it be harmful during the 2ww? Is it safe to dye your hair during the 2ww?

03/24/2018 at 3:34 am
  2. Dear livk,

I replied to your comment on post What is the Two-Week Wait (2WW)? – Tips to Survive It. In any case, I will answer your questions one by one here.

First, you should avoid strenuous exercise during the 2WW period, as it may affect the implantation process. But there are many types of moderate exercise that are considered safe. Jogging, running, lifting heavy weights, etc., are typically unadvisable. On the contrary, walking, stretching exercises, yoga, and pilates are good examples of exercises that you can continue to perform. Even regular workout, if you reduce the intensity and time, can be done regularly.

Second, it is safe to eat sushi and other dishes that include raw fish when pregnant. But, depending on the type of raw fish that was used to prepare the fish, you may have to make sure that it was frozen first before eating it. The amount of tuna and oily fish that you eat while pregnant should be limited, though. But this only applies to pregnant women, not during the 2WW.

Third, dying your hair during the 2WW won’t affect implantation. Even during pregnancy, there is insufficient scientific proof regarding a potential negative impact of hair dyes on the unborn baby. However, doctors do recommend that you wait until your baby is born to dye your hair if possible.

I hope this helps,

Best wishes

03/26/2018 at 10:20 am
  3. In terms of food, I just avoided the foods that NHS advice pregnant women to avoid ie caffeine, alcohol, shellfish, soft cheeses, runny eggs etc. I took a pregnacare multi-vitamin daily and 4-5 brazil nuts daily as these are supposed to aid implantation. Alternatively, if you don’t like nuts, you could have a small glass of fresh pineapple juice per day. On my 2nd cycle diff clinic, I was told no hot baths in 2ww and NO sex this time. Actually I don’t think there is no right or wrong in your 2ww. If it’s going to happen it will happen no matter what you do, of course just don’t over do it like run a couple of miles, or think you’re a wonder woman -lol.
    Good luck to all who is in there 2ww.

05/29/2018 at 1:48 pm