Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
What to expect after embryo transfer… How can I enhance my chances?

What to expect after embryo transfer… How can I enhance my chances?

1. Deedee12
    Deedee12

I am 2 days post fresh transfer (5d), 2 embryos 1 blast 1 compacted.. Slept all day yesterday and very tired today. Have pressure headache, frequent urination and cold-like symptoms. Is this normal, what should I expect over the next 2 weeks and is there anything I can do to enhance my chances?

04/01/2017 at 9:18 pm
  2. Dear Dee,
    Throughout the two-week time you have to wait for the beta-hCG results it is normal to have symptoms like the ones that you comment. The problem is that the symptoms caused by the implantation of the embryos are quite similar to the symptoms caused by the medication itself or even to the symptoms that precede menstruation.

This makes it very difficult to diagnose the origin of the symptoms and by which of those situations are caused. Because of that, it is necessary to wait until the result of the beta-hCG analysis to find it out.

The most common symptoms to expect over the next two weeks are headache, back pain, cramps in the ovaries area, fatigue, fluid retention or abdominal swelling. None of these symptoms should be too annoying, so if one is very severe you should consult your doctor.

In relation to what you can do to improve the chances, there is not much that can be done. No rest is needed if the doctor does not explicitly state it. It is recommended to continue with a normal rhythm of life, without big physical efforts. This way the blood will flow throughout the body and will arrive correctly to the uterus, facilitating the implantation.

Recommended for you:
    Symptoms after embryo transfer

I hope I have been able to help. Good luck!

04/04/2017 at 4:21 pm
Leave a reply