Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
What’s the point of choosing split egg donation?

What’s the point of choosing split egg donation?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Bexs McCrae</span>
    Bexs McCrae

Hello there… You see, I have to use donor eggs to become a mother. I’ve been told that I could use fresh donor eggs with the condition that I share them with another recipient. I’ve been doing some research and okay, I’ve seen shared egg donation is a rather common fertility option to cut the costs of IVF, but I can’ see the point. I don’t understand why I can’t have exclusivity when it comes to having a baby. I’m already carrying quite enough as to deal with this now!

02/05/2016 at 9:36 am
  2. Dear Bexs,

Usually, when you undergo a fresh egg donation cycle, eggs are allocated to more than one woman. This is due to the fact that follicle growth ultrasounds have shown that various follicles are developing at the same time in a single, young donor. This is the reason as to why a great amount of eggs is expected to be produced by this donor, in which case there would be too many eggs for only one woman.

My advice is that, if you are receiving psychological support throughout this journey, you share this concern with the expert supervising your case. If not, my advice is that you consider seeking emotional support or join a supportive group to help you out. Many women find in this a great resource where to feel more comfortable when undergoing a fertility treatment.

I hope I haven been able to help,

Regards

02/16/2016 at 4:26 pm
Leave a reply