Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
When do you get paid for egg donation?

When do you get paid for egg donation?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">jeannie jeffers</span>
    jeannie jeffers

Hello darlings! I’m just done my first cycle as an egg donor in Los Angeles, CA and I’m rather satisfied with both the process and the medical staff… I’ve been told that I will be compensated with a total amount of $5,100 due to the process itself but also travel expenses and all that stuff. But I haven’t received my compensation yet and they’ve told me that it may take a few weeks because there are many other egg donors in the queue. Does anyone know whether there’s a maximum time on legal terms? I mean, if I can present a legal complaint after a concrete period of time or something. I just wanted to know, nothing else. Thank you, hope I’m not bothering anybody.

10/05/2015 at 3:47 pm
  2. Dear jeannie jeffers,

The answer to this question depends on the egg donor agency you’ve worked with and the U.S. state. In your case, you’ve done it in California, one of the most popular destinations in the USA for fertility tourism. At the same time, California is the most permissive state in the US in the field of both surrogacy and fertility treatments using donor eggs and/or sperm.

As you know, egg donors sign a contract, consent form or letter of commitment for egg donation. In this document, among other aspects, the egg donor’s compensation is set forth. Of course, by signing it you confirm your commitment to work with the recipient as well as the liabilities you may face if you don’t fulfill what’s stated on the contract. Once signed, the compensation amount is “locked”, which means it cannot be changed by anybody. To sum up, the egg donation contract protects you with all the proceedings derived from the donor cycle.

I don’t think you will have further problems, but if it happens and you’ve completed the whole cycle, make sure you discuss it with your attorney and take legal measures to deal with it.

Good luck!

10/06/2015 at 3:41 pm
Leave a reply