Gonal is a gonadotropin.
Its format is GONAL-f 1050IU/1.75 ml (77 micrograms/1.75 ml) powder and solvent for solution for injection.
- ACTIVE SUBSTANCE: Follitropin alfa.
Follitropin alfa is a recombinant follicle stimulating hormone (r FSH) obtained from Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) cells by recombinant DNA technology.
- QUALITATIVE AND QUANTITATIVE COMPOSITION: each vial contains 87 micrograms of follitropin alfa in order to deliver 77 micrograms in 1.75 ml, equivalent to 1050 IU.
Excipients: 30 mg sucrose, 1.11 mg disodium phosphate dihydrate, 0.45 mg sodium dihydrogen phosphate monohydrate, phosphoric acid, sodium hydroxide, water for injections, benzyl alcohol.
- PHARMACEUTICAL FORM: Pack of 1 vial of powder and 1 pre-filled syringe of solvent for reconstitution and 15 disposable syringes for administration graduated in FSH units.
- APPROXIMATE PRICE: 369,48 pounds. Hospital diagnosis. Reduced contribution.
- CLINICAL PARTICULARS
- THERAPEUTIC INDICATIONS: Causes a higher recruitment of ovarian follicles and stimulates its development.
- POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
- INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEDICINAL PRODUCTS: No interaction with commonly used medicines has been reported. Gonal-f 1050 must not be mixed with other medicines in the same syringe.
- PRESERVATION: Keep the medicine protected from light and do not store above 25ºC. Keep it out of children’s reach.
- HOW TO USE GONAL-F
- Avaliable on prescription only.
Always take Gonal-f exactly as your doctor has told you.
Source: European Medicines Agency