Gonal is a gonadotropin.
Its format is GONAL-f 450 IU/0.75 ml (33 micrograms/0.75 ml) solution for injection in pre-filled pen.
- ACTIVE SUBSTANCE: Follitropin alfa.
Follitropin alfa is a recombinant follicle stimulating hormone (r FSH) which is obtained from Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) cells by genetic engineering.
- QUALITATIVE AND QUANTITATIVE COMPOSITION: 33 micrograms of follitropin alfa in 0.75 ml, equivalent to 450 IU.
Excipients: 45 mg sucrose, 0.8325 mg disodium phosphate dihydrate, 0.3375 mg sodium dihydrogen phosphate monohydrate, 0.075 methionine, 2.25 mg m-Cresol, 0.075 mg poloxamer 188.
- PHARMACEUTICAL FORM: Pack of one pre-filled pen and 12 needles.
- APPROXIMATE PRICE: 186,56 pounds.Hospital diagnosis. Reduced contribution.
- CLINICAL PARTICULARS
- THERAPEUTIC INDICATIONS: Causes a higher recruitment of ovarian follicles and stimulates its development
- POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
- INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEDICINAL PRODUCTS
- PRESERVATION: Keep the medicine protected from light and do not store above 25ºC. Once opened, it may be only stored for 28 days. Keep it out of children’s reach.
- HOW TO USE GONAL-F
Avaliable on prescription only.
Always take Gonal-f exactly as your doctor has told you.
Source: European Medicines Agency