Gonal is a gonadotropin.
Its format is GONAL-f 900 IU/1.5 ml solution for injection in pre-filled pen.
- ACTIVE SUBSTANCE: Follitropin alfa. Follitropin alfa is a recombinant human follicle stimulating hormone (r FSH) which is obtained by genetic engineering from Chinese Hamster Ovary cells.
- QUALITATIVE AND QUANTITATIVE COMPOSITION: Follitropin alfa 66 micrograms in 1.5 ml, equivalent to 900 IU. Excipients: 90 mg sucrose, 1.665 mg disodium phosphate dihydrate, 0.675 mg sodium dihydrogen phosphate monohydrate, 0.15 mg methionine, 4.5 mg m-Cresol, 0.15 mg poloxamer 188, phosphoric acid, sodium hydroxide.
- PHARMACEUTICAL FORM: Pack of one pre-filled pen and 20 needles.
- APPROXIMATE PRICE: 334.73 pounds. Hospital diagnosis. Reduced contribution.
- CLINICAL PARTICULARS
- THERAPEUTIC INDICATIONS: It causes a higher recruitment of ovarian follicles and stimulates its development.
- POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS.
- INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEDICINAL PRODUCTS.
- PRESERVATION: Keep the medicine protected from light and at a temperature not more than 25º C. Once opened, it may be stored for a maximum of 28 days. Keep it out of children’s reach.
- HOW TO USE GONAL-F.
- Please note that this a prescription-only item.
Always take Gonal-f exactly as your doctor has told you.
Source: European Medicines Agency (The European Medicines Agency is a decentralised agency of the European Union, located in London. The Agency is responsible for the scientific evaluation of medicines developed by pharmaceutical companies for use in the European Union).