Gonal-f contains recombinant follicle stimulating hormone (gonadotropin).
This medicine is prescribed in assisted reproduction treatments, so that the woman develops more follciles and more eggs are obtained in one ovarian cycle.
This medicine has several packages, although the administration doesn’t vary, regardless of the package. In most of the clinics, a health care provider will show the patients how to apply the injections, but it’s always recommended to read the information pamphlet before using it.
Gonal is admnistered subcutaneously and the doses will always be applied at the same hour every day.
Instructions for use:
- Reconstitute the product and set a needle in the pen.
- Select in the back button the dose specified by the gynaecologist.
- Rub the area of administration with a gauze with alcohol to clean it.
- Pinch the skind and administer the dose.
- The needles used must be thrown away immediately after the injection.
- Any unused medicinal product or waste material should be disposed of in accordance with local requirements.
The solution should not be administered if it contains particles or is not clear. Reconstituted individual vials must be used only by one patient.
The information here published doesn’t substitute, under no circumstances, to the indications provided by the expert. If questions about a bdadly administration arise, you should not apply another injection. You should phone the doctor immediately, explain what happend and follow his instructions.