To become a sperm donor, potential candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Being 18 or older
- Being physically and mentally healthy
- Having an optimal sperm quality
- Being free from infectious diseases that could be transmitted to offspring
- Not being a carrier of hereditary genetic diseases
- Not having more than 6 children
As explained above, sperm donation is an altruistic process in Spain, and donors must be anonymous. Nevertheless, donors get a financial compensation for the potential inconveniences that may occur during the process.
Suggested for you: Assisted Reproduction in Spain – Everything You Should Know.