Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Chemical pregnancy after egg donation cycle

Chemical pregnancy after egg donation cycle

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Megan82</span>
    Megan82

Hey! Let’s see if there’s anyone willing to help me… My name is Megan and with my husband I’ve been trying to conceive for over 4 years with no luck so far 🙁 Here I’ve included all the time we invested in TTC naturally and also every fertility treatment we’ve undergone… The first time, we tried with AI even though my ovarian reserve wasn’t too high, but finally we had to turn to IVF… We did two cycles, the first one using my own eggs and the second one with donor eggs. After the last attempt (the one using donor eggs), the result of my hCG test was a BFP, so you can imagine my happiness at that moment 🙂 but such happiness became a deep disappointment when we found out through ultrasound scan that my gestational sac was empty, that is, it was a chemical pregnancy 🙁 The thing is, I think it could be due to the donor eggs, could it? Please, I look forward to your reply ASAP! Thanks

10/25/2015 at 12:12 pm
  2. Dear Megan82,

Donor eggs are characterized by being high quality eggs from young, healthy women, which means that theoretically they are more likely to produce high quality embryos and therefore chances for implantation using these embryos should be higher.

To sum up, this shows that there is no direct relation between donor eggs and a chemical pregnancy. For this reason, the reason why an early miscarriage occurred even though there was embryo implantation is not due to donor eggs.

Success rates of egg donation are usually high; as a matter of fact, you’ve been really close to success. The problem is that this time embryo implantation resulted in miscarriage. However, you should bear in mind that not even embryo implantation would have happened with your own eggs.

I hope I have clarified your concern

10/26/2015 at 3:33 pm
Leave a reply