It is true that your doctor can give you some tips that may help you increase your sperm count and quality, but actually, miracles do not exist. Oligospermia may be due to anatomical or endocrine problems that cause the man to be unable to produce sperm. Some health recommendations that should be followed by males with low sperm count include:
- Avoiding alcohol, tobacco, and street drug use
- Practicing regular exercise, since it improves blood flow, increasing the blood supply to the testes and favoring sperm synthesis
- A healthy, balanced diet, with natural antioxidants present in fruit and vegetables, can improve the survival rate and motility of sperm, preventing oxidation as well
- Practicing relaxation techniques such as meditation or yoga to diminish stress levels, since stress affects sperm vitality and leads to erectile dysfunction
- Avoid sauna visits, hot baths, too tight clothes, putting the laptop on your lap, etc. These habits increase scrotal temperature and hinder sperm formation
Suggested for you: What Treatment Options Exist for Oligospermia?.