Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Emotional support while undergoing sperm donation

Emotional support while undergoing sperm donation

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Question Lady</span>
    Question Lady

My husband can’t give me a child, he’s infertile. I’m considering looking for a sperm donor to form a family, but he refuses to use donor sperm. He’s gotten down in the dumps and doesn’t even want to hear me talk about this issue… I don’t know what to do or what to say, I’m just shattered.

I think it would be a good idea if he visited a psychologist, but I don’t know how to convince him to do so.

01/17/2016 at 12:38 pm
  2. Hello,

It is true that coping with infertility can become so hard for many men, and the same applies in the case of female infertility. It can lead to the development of a series of psychological problems and go through different stages, including initial shock, denial of the problem, guilt feelings, anxiety, anger, and even loneliness.

It is common for men suffering from infertility to feel bad or even depressed. Psychological support or even couple therapy can turn out to be of great importance when facing a case of infertility. The psychologist can help you express yourself, give you information about fertility treatments, or even help you undergo this process in case you decide to resort to assisted reproduction.

For some couples, contacting with other couples in a similar situation can become helpful as well, although visiting an expert is always advisable.

Best wishes for your future

01/20/2016 at 1:31 pm
You might also like