Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Getting pregnant with polycystic ovaries

Getting pregnant with polycystic ovaries

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">lemonjuice</span>
    lemonjuice

Hi all

I’d like to know if it’s possible to get pregnant with polycystic ovaries and if so, any indicated guidelines to follow? I heard that women with polycystic ovaries are not able to conceive, is this true?

06/01/2020 at 10:43 am
  2. Hi Lemonjuice

first of all, there are not automatically any fertility-related issues in polycystic ovaries, on the contrary to polycystic ovary syndrome (which must not be confused with the former mentioned condition!).

Getting pregnant with polycystic ovaries can be achieved with ovulation induction medications which allow cycles to be regulated again, and to achieve a natural pregnancy. Thanks to ovulation induction drugs, hormone production is increased and subsequently follicle growth in the ovaries. Normally, these drugs are administered by mouth route for 4-5 days, and they are rather cost-affordable. In some cases, monitoring the treatment via ultrasound scan is necessary in order to be able to determine the ovulation days and to schedule sex relations. Read all about fertility with polycystic ovaries here: fertility with polycystic ovaries.

06/02/2020 at 10:46 am
  3. Thanks for clarification, good to know that those are two different conditions. My doctor did diagnose me with polycystic ovaries but I got it mixed up with the syndrome by reading too much on the internet. Now I feel better now.

06/15/2020 at 10:54 am
Leave a reply