Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Pregnancy hormones make me hate my husband

Pregnancy hormones make me hate my husband

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">emma müller</span>
    emma müller

Hello ladies! I’m here to share my current mood… I’m 10 weeks pregnant and I’m starting to hate my DH.. I don’t know why, it’s not like he’s changed or something, I know the reason is in me but anyways I feel as if I just can’t stand him… His mannerisms, he’s always complaining, clueless… And to be honest I can’t even stand his smell, he stinks, smells just so bad… Has anybody experienced this? I know it’s because of the pregnancy but you know I’m 10 weeks pregnant and there are still a handful of months ahead… I need to solve this as soon as possible. I am hating him and this has to end, any ideas? Personal experiences? Anything?

10/21/2017 at 11:36 am
  2. Dear emma müller,

Although rare, this symptom you are describing is normal and occurs to many pregnant women. Keep in mind that pregnancy is a period of great change, especially in relation to your hormones.

In fact, morning sickness and nausea, which are two of the most common pregnancy symptoms, are very related to this. hCG and progesterone can alter your sense of smell, and for this reason you can start hating certain smells or tastes that you used to love or like before, or viceversa.

To sum up, you should be aware of the fact that pregnancy changes your emotions, too. And this can affect your relationships, including your husband and your most beloved ones. My advice is that you both try to balance the situation. I mean, you should try to take over your feelings and he should try to be more understanding and tolerant with you.

The following post may be of interest: Care during pregnancy.

I hope I have been able to help,

Best wishes

10/24/2017 at 12:09 pm