Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Reciprocal IVF in Georgia

Reciprocal IVF in Georgia

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Sarah45</span>
    Sarah45

Hi, my wife and I are ready to have a baby, we have been researching the different options we have to have a baby and are interested in knowing a little about the Reciprocal IVF experience. Has anyone done it or have any experience?

09/03/2021 at 11:15 am
  2. Hey! My girlfriend and I did this kind of IVF a year ago. It was an inclusive treatment, we didn´t want only one of us to participate in the baby-making hahaha. But everything wasn’t as smooth, our first IVF didn´t catch and we had to start the process again, luckily the second time around we were able to get pregnant and not how a beautiful baby boy! I loved the treatment and we both feel like we contributed to making him. Good luck

09/24/2021 at 9:23 am
  3. I have researched this treatment and decided we are going to go ahead with it, I wanted to know what clinic should I go to, I´m not sure all of the clinics offer this treatment. And then I had another question. Can we use a friend’s sperm sample? TIA ?

10/15/2021 at 8:30 pm
    • Hello LolaBola,

Reciprocal IVF can be done with two types of sperm donors, known donors or unknown donors, as it is allowed in the state of Georgia by current legislation.

On the one hand, the known donor the sperm sample is provided by a friend or family member, it is usually someone who is present in the couple’s life.

On the other hand, the anonymous donor performs the donation in a clinic or sperm bank, the future mothers will not have access to information about their identity but they will have access to information about their family history, genetic background, hobbies, and interests.

A notable difference is the price of using one type of donor or another, generally, the known donor has a lower cost since he is not paid for the sample.

In regards to the clinic that offers this treatment, I recommend that you consult our clinic directory, where you can find out about the techniques and treatments used by the clinics around you. From InviTRA we always recommend visiting 2 or 3 clinics before deciding on one as the relationship with the medical team and comfort is key when starting a reproductive process.

I hope I have helped you.

Best regards.

11/24/2021 at 10:44 am