Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Sperm Donor (new)

Sperm Donor (new)

1. MaltaFirst
    MaltaFirst

I would like to become a sperm donor, I need to know steps

11/24/2019 at 11:17 am
  2. Hi MaltaFirst!

First of all, you need fulfill the requirements of the sperm bank which indicates that sperm donor must be between 18 and 35 years old. If that’s the case, you need to undergo a strict screening process which consists of the following steps:

Fill in a questionanaire

You’ll have to answer question about your familiy, medical and sexual history. This helps determine whether you have serious diseases running in your familiy or similar genetic dispositions.

Physical exams

You’ll be required to hand in blood and urine samples and genetic testing to screen for HIV, Hepatitis A and C, among others, will be performed.

Sperm sample

Once successfully passed the previous steps, you’ll hand in your first sperm sample. Doctors will use your sample to analyze sperm count, motility (if your sperm move fast or slow) and morphology (health of sperm).

Once passed the initial process you’ll be given a contract for signing. That’s when you begin to make regular deposits. Depending on which country you are from, you’ll receive a financial compensation for each sperm sample handed in.

Hope I could clarify your question.

Best,
    Romina

11/25/2019 at 11:11 am