Before the administration of Cetrotide, it is necessary to prepare the medication, since it comes separated by a powder in a vial and the liquid to dilute it in a syringe. Below, we discuss all the steps to reconstruct the drug.
- Screw the yellow needle into the pre-filled syringe with the solvent and unscrew it.
- Push the needle through the center of the rubber stopper of the vial and slowly squeeze the plunger to inject the water.
- Mix the water in the syringe with the powder in the vial to form a clear solution.
- Pull the plunger to collect all the solution.
- Unscrew the syringe and replace it with the grey one, which is slightly thinner for subcutaneous injection.