Diet is very important to improve the quality of life of patients with endometriosis. Below, we will mention some foods recommended for endometriosis and others that should not be included in the diet in order to relieve symptoms and restore hormonal imbalances.
These foods improve the symptoms and development of endometriosis and should be included in the diet of all women with endometriosis:
- Fruit and vegetables
- women who eat green vegetables more than 13 times a week (twice a day) are 70% less likely to develop endometriosis than women who eat vegetables less than 6 times a week.
- Essential fat acids
- help restore the body's hormonal balance and protect cells from oxidative stress. Omega-3 acids in particular reduce inflammation in the body, which helps to reduce pain.
- collaborates with the body to get rid of excess estrogen.
On the other hand, foods that should be avoided or limited, as they can increase hormonal imbalance, promote inflammation, and worsen endometriosis, are as follows:
- Gluten (specifically wheat)
- some studies propose that there is a direct relationship between endometriosis and celiac disease consisting of gluten intolerance.
- Dairy products
- are difficult to digest and should be limited to 2 times a week.
- Red meat
- women who eat red meat frequently are more likely to have endometriosis.
- stores a lot of toxins.
- contains high amounts of isoflavones, which are phytoestrogenic, contributing to an increase in oestrogens. Estrogens have a negative influence on the development of endometriosis.