Sperm Banks ask donors to undergo a comprehensive health evaluation, including genetic screening and infectious disease testing with a complete physical exam.
Basic Requirements vary but examples are:
- Donors of all ethnicities, races and nationalities are encouraged to apply
- 5’7” tall for most donors (5’4” for donors of Hispanic or Asian descent)
- Between the ages of 18 and 44
- Physically and emotionally healthy
- College-educated professional, student pursuing a degree or certificate beyond high school, or in a successful, long-term career (i.e. Civil Service, Trade Specialty)
- Be willing to commit to a minimum of one visit per week for a minimum of 90 days
Suggested for you: How Does IVF with Donor Sperm Work? – Cost & Success Rates.