LAM is a contraceptive method that takes advantage of the absence of ovulation and menstruation during lactation to prevent a new pregnancy.
However, to ensure that this method is effective, the following requirements must be met:
- The newborn is not more than 84 days old
- The baby is exclusively breastfeeding. Not even water should be taken from a bottle.
- The baby is attached to the breast for at least 100 minutes every day.
- The babys feeds at least five times a day.
- There is no more than 6 hours between feeds, be it day or night.
Bachelor's Degree in Biotechnology from the Technical University of Valencia (UPV). Biotechnology Degree from the National University of Ireland en Galway (NUIG) and embryologist specializing in Assisted Reproduction, with a Master's Degree in Biotechnology of Human Reproduction from the University of Valencia (UV) and the Valencian Infertility Institute (IVI)