Many women have a tendency to develop repeated infections. The identification of risk factors is important to determine which are susceptible to change. Among them, it is important to highlight:
- Sexually active women are more prone to the recurrence. In addition the risk increases with the number of sexual partners and risky sexual practices. Some spermicides are also harmful.
- Deficient or excessive intimate hygiene: both situations alter the pH in the genitals.
- Immersion baths in contaminated water.
- Pregnant or menopausal women (in both coexist an alteration of hormone levels of estrogen and progesterone) are more prone to recurrent urinary tract infections.
- The presence of foreign bodies in the urinary tract (probes, catheters) that favor the cantonment of pathogenic microorganisms.
Suggested for you: Urinary Tract Infections & Sexual Intercourse.