Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Flying out on the day of the embryo transfer

Flying out on the day of the embryo transfer

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Eleanor</span>
    Eleanor

Hello, there. I’m Eleanor from Ireland. I’m currently undergoing IVF with egg donation in the United States, it’s a combination between holidays and fertility treatment. My embryo transfer is scheduled for next Monday (April, 11) but I’ve booked I return flight for the same day of the transfer. Embryo transfer is at 12 pm and return flight is at 6:20 pm. I’m wondering if flying after an embryo transfer will be detrimental for my embryo… Thanks a lot, this means too much for me 🙂 Hoping for the best

04/07/2016 at 6:22 pm
  2. Dear Eleanor,

There is no problem at all with taking a flight or any other mean of transport after an embryo transfer, since this will compromise your odds of success by no means. The only precaution experts do recommend is not driving if you’ve taken a muscle relaxant after the ET due to the risk of somnolence.

Apart from that, you can continue with your normal lifestyle throughout the two-week wait (2WW) without making great efforts or lifting heavy weights, as well as following your doctor’s directions regarding medications and habits.

Best of luck!

04/08/2016 at 8:40 am
Leave a reply