fbpixel
Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
How long does it take to get pregnant after D&C?
Menu

How long does it take to get pregnant after D&C?

• <span  class="bbp-author-name">meghan</span>
      meghan

Hey guys, can someone help me out? I got pregnant after 1 yr ttc but I miscarried on week 4 and they removed the remaining embryonic tissue by d&c… still haven’t had my period but as far as i know it’s normal so im not worried unless you tell me otherwise… how long should we wait to start ttc again? Is there any vitamin or supplement that i cant take to improve my chances? thx

11/30/2017 at 2:39 pm
    • Dear meghan,

Firstly, recovering your ovarian function and ovulating again after a miscarriage is a process that takes around 7 to 15 days (1-2 weeks), so it’s normal for you to not having seen your period yet.

Secondly, you should know that most reproductive endocrinologists recommend IVF patients that they try for a new pregnancy after the woman has recovered fully (both physically and mentally). On average, it is estimated that it takes around 3 months or 2 menstrual periods for this “grieving” process to be completed.

Read more: Pregnancy After a Miscarriage or Abortion.

I hope I have been able to help,

Regards

12/01/2017 at 9:14 am
We use own cookies and third party cookies to offer you personalized ads and gather statistical data. If you continue the navigation we understand that you accept our cookies policy.