Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
I’ve had 2 abortions, can I get pregnant again?
Menu

I’ve had 2 abortions, can I get pregnant again?

1. Sally
    Sally

Hello! I han an abortion at age 18… now I’m 26 and 1 year ago I had another abortion as asked by the father of the child (I didn’t want to)… I did it with abortion pills and immediately afterwards they placed Nexplanon on me as a birth control method. I wore it for 5 months and stopped having periods… then I decided to remove it because it reminded me of my two abortions and I’m decided to have a baby now. It’s been 1 year since my 2nd abortion and 6 months since I removed the implant… I think I damaged my reproductive system or something during the abortions and I’m afraid that I can’t get pregnant now that I want to… What are my chances? Please, this is very important…

11/29/2017 at 4:07 pm
  2. Dear Sally,

In principle, there’s no reason why your future fertility should be compromised after terminating a pregnancy, although obviously the chances for your reproductive system to be damaged increase if you’ve had 2 abortions. it depends on various factors, but the most important one is the pregnancy stage at which it took place.

The earlier the pregnancy is terminated, the lesser the number of long-term risks involved. If you think your uterine lining may be damaged or have been trying to conceive for 1 year without success, my advice is that you visit your gynecologist and ask for a checkup.

See also: Pregnancy After a Miscarriage or Abortion – When to Conceive Again.

I hope this helps,

Best

12/01/2017 at 9:35 am
We use own cookies and third party cookies to offer you personalized ads and gather statistical data. If you continue the navigation we understand that you accept our cookies policy.