Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
PGD gender selection in Bangkok, Thailand

PGD gender selection in Bangkok, Thailand

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">humanCouple</span>
    humanCouple

Hi!

My husband and I are seriously considering doing IVF abroad in spite of being from the US due to the high cost of treatment here… We’re interested in pursuing PGD for gender selection overseas. We would like to choose an exotic destination country because we want to enjoy a holiday period, too. What about Bangkok? We’ve heard the prices there are very interesting and besides we’ve always wanted to visit this country… I’d like to chat with someone who has experienced IVF in Bangkok or nearby, and how was their experience… positive, negative…?

07/05/2017 at 11:05 am
  2. Dear humanCouple,

To date, the Thai government has not condoned gender selection in the country, so PGD for gender selection is not an allowed technique in this country. If you want to undergo sex selection, you should consider looking for a clinic in the USA, where this option is legal.

However, if you want to undergo IVF abroad and might consider PGD without gender selection, you might wish to complete our questionnaire to get estimates from different fertility clinics: Getting an individual cost estimate.

I hope this helps,

Best wishes

07/05/2017 at 2:55 pm
  3. Yes! Thailand is a popular destination for IVF but gender selection is not allowed. Bangkok is a good choice, so is Phuket.

10/15/2017 at 4:04 pm
Leave a reply