I have had a day-3 embryo transferred recently but I don’t understand too much about this process. I mean, it’s okay, now I have the embryo inside of my body, but what now? Is there anything I have to do, eat or take? I’m concerned because every time I walk around I feel as if my embryo is going to fall to the floor or something… Does it remain still inside of me? In which moment does pregnancy occur?
Pls, let me now, I’m spending most of the time sitting on the sofa, waiting for pregnancy symptoms to show up, but nothing yet.01/20/2016 at 8:14 am
After IVF embryo transfer, the following 11 days are crucial. However, there is nothing you can do to boost its chances for success. This means bed rest and time off work are unnecessary unless otherwise indicated by your doctor.
As for not noticing any symptom, this is totally normal; some women do not experience any symptom at all, without this meaning the treatment has been unsuccessful. It depends on each woman, so don’t worry until day 15 post embryo transfer. Anyway, the following article may be of interest: Symptoms After Embryo Transfer.
Below you can find a list of what happens after a day-3 IVF embryo transfer day by day:
– Day 1: The embryo will continue growing and developing. At this stage, it will turn from a 6-8 cell embryo to a morula.
– Day 2: It will turn from morula to blastocyst.
– Day 3: The blastocyst embryo breaks through the zona pellucida.
– Day 4: The blastocyst attaches itself to the maternal uterus.
– Day 5: Embryo implantation begins.
– Day 6: Embryo implantation continues.
– Day 7: Now, embryo implantation is complete. At this stage, the embryo is called “fetus” and it will develop together with the placenta.
– Day 8: The woman’s body starts releasing hCG hormone (human chorionic gonadotropin), which will enter the bloodstream.
– Day 9: Fetal development continues together with hCG production.
– Day 10: Fetal development continues together with hCG production.
– Day 11: By this time onwards, hCG levels are high enough as to be detected by means of a pregnancy test.
inviTRA can send you detailed cost estimates and get you special prices for your IVF treatment from international fertility clinics. If you are interested, all you have to do is fill out the following form and you will receive a free report in a few minutes: Cost Calculator for IVF.
I hope this helps,
Best wishes01/25/2016 at 12:22 pm
Other topics related to this forum