Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
2 weeks post IVF 5-day, 2 blastocyst embryo transfer and beta results

2 weeks post IVF 5-day, 2 blastocyst embryo transfer and beta results

1. lizzieroo
    lizzieroo

I had 2, 5-day blastocyst transferred exactly 2 weeks ago. I had a faint positive home test at 9 days post transfer. 3 days later I had some brown bloody discharge. I had a Beta test done and the hCG was 39. 48 hours later my Beta came back at 79. I was on bed rest for two days. I have a follow up on Wednesday 3/9/16, which will be my 17 day post transfer. Is it safe to say I’m pregnant? I guess they are doing another Beta to make sure my numbers increase? I am extremely fatigued, tender, huge breasts and bloated. I feel like I’m going to get my period sometimes but I think it is my subconscious mind emphasizing my symptoms.

03/08/2016 at 5:53 am
  2. Dear lizzieroo,

your beta-hCG levels are still a bit low, but they are rising little by little, which indicates that pregnancy is evolving adequately. Further monitoring is necessary in your case, since low hCG values may be an indicator of biochemical or ectopic pregnancy.

This is the reason why further check-ups are necessary in order to verify your hCG levels are increasing as they should. And yes, you will be done another Beta-hCG test in order to check the numbers keep on increasing, as you said.

As for the symptoms you have, don’t worry because they are totally normal and they are actually a very good indicator that pregnancy has occurred. In other words, they are common pregnancy symptoms due to the increase in your hCG levels.

This hCG levels chart will show you the average hCG levels in normal pregnancy: Quantitative human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) test.

I hope I have been able to help,

Regards

03/09/2016 at 3:59 pm
  3. Dear Lizziero,

Can you please share your latest results of Beta-hCG? I am 7dpt and your timeline can be of my help.

03/11/2016 at 3:06 pm