First of all, in the presence of a discharge with a strong or unpleasant odor (which some women describe as fishy), a specialist should be consulted, as it may be a symptom that the woman is suffering from an infection. Thus, depending on the cause, the specialist will provide the most appropriate treatment.
However, we can perform certain preventive remedies, such as:
- Avoiding STDs with barrier contraceptive methods such as condoms.
- Use cotton underwear, which is more breathable than synthetic, and do not wear tight-fitting garments.
- Take yogurt, for example, as probiotics may contribute to a healthy vaginal flora.
- Do not use douches or perfumed products.
- Do not forget tampons inside the vagina.
De este modo, se evitan algunas de las situaciones que podrían llevar a tener un flujo vaginal con mal olor.