Certified Medical Magazine by WMA, ACSA, HON
Anonymous egg donor: could the receiving couple ever find out who I am?

Anonymous egg donor: could the receiving couple ever find out who I am?

1. <span  class="bbp-author-name">Anonymous</span>
    Anonymous

Hey! I’m going to donate my eggs, but my neighborhood, family, friends and even boyfriend do not accept this, so if they ever find out, they may stop talking to me or even kick me out of my house… I’m freaking out, but I need the money and I’m going to tell them I got it working in the pubs at night, as many people gets black money here working like that. You may have guessed I want to remain anonymous, so I’ve asked many clinics about it and they all have assured me that no one will ever know, but the world is a village and no one knows. I wanna know if there is some way to be totally sure, like an encrypted code or something. Thanks.

02/21/2016 at 12:39 pm
  2. Dear Anonymous,

egg donors who prefer to remain anonymous have to sign up for the anonymous egg donation process. Thus, the receiving couple will never find out who you are, there is no possible way they could do so.

However, please keep in mind that they can know certain characteristics about you, such as eye and skin color, educational level, etc., but your name and family name, personal information, or any other identificable information that could lead to your identification won’t be revealed.

I hope I have been able to help,

Regards

03/07/2016 at 12:28 pm